Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fondue Dinner @ Mary's

As part of schooling I am enrolled in a class called Enriching the International Experience. It is taught by the Director of the House (Mary Mayenfisch) and my Humanities professor (Anthony Gorton). Yesterday was our first class meeting and instead of having class we met at Mary’s house for a class dinner. About 15 of us caught the bus to her house which was about 20 minutes away and had a nice dinner with her and her family. They taught us how to make fondue, which is a traditional Swiss dish, and for appetizers we had dried meats from all different parts of Switzerland. I can’t say I was a huge fan of the dried meats but a lot of people seemed to like them. It was a different food experience but I don’t think I would willingly choose the meets again, but the fondue was great J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers