Monday, November 30, 2009

2 weeks left















Exactly 2 weeks from now I will be snuggled into the warmth of and comfort of my home and I can't wait. I love Switzerland so much but I am so excited to see my family for the holidays. This past weekend we went to all the Christmas markets in Lausanne and neighboring cities. They are much like a street fair with small stands of vendors selling home-made unique things, but it is all Christmas based. It was so much fun. We bundled up in our warm clothing, gloves, hats and scarves and set out to stroll through the Christmas markets. With everyone drinking hot chocolate and cider, our breath foggy when we speak and the smell of cinnamon and chestnuts filling the air and Christmas music playing it couldn't have felt more like Christmas. We took our time looking at all the stands and the different things everyone was selling. At the end of the night we rode the ferris wheel in the middle of the markets and like to froze our butts off, but it was well worth it. The view of the city decorated for Christmas from the top was so beautiful. I can't wait to be home for Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers